Monday, June 6, 2016

#8 Floyd Mayweather

                                                         Most Arrogant athletes in History

One of the most arrogant athletes in history is Floyd Joy Mayweather Jr. Floyd is an American former professional boxer and current boxing promoter. Floyd is considered the best boxer of his era and one of the greatest of all times and is the best welterweight boxer of all time. All of the accomplishments Floyd made is part of his reason to why he is so arrogant. Floyd is undefeated in his professional career. Mayweather won twelve world titles and the lineal championship in four different weight classes. He is the only boxer to hold lineal titles simultaneously in two divisions. Floyd won many awards through his fighting career. Some of these awards include a two time winner of The Ring magazines Fighter of the year in 1998 and 2007, a three time winner of the Boxing Writers Association of America Fighter of the year award 2007,2013, and 2015 and a six time winner of the best ESPY award in 2007,2008,2010,2012,2013 and 2014. Some of Floyd's most arrogant quotes are "Ali was a great fighter, but I'm better (Sugar Ray) Robinson was a great Fighter, but I'm better". Another arrogant quote Floyd had was "You know me. Im running my mouth a lot, and I'm looking for a guy to shut me up. If you don't shut me up, Im going to keep running my mouth. Nobody can beat me. There is no way to beat me." Those are just two arrogant quotes that Floyd Mayweather had but there is plenty of more. Those reasons are why Floyd is one of the most arrogant athletes in history. The next athlete on the list comes out of the MMA world where he is "Notorious". 

No comments:

Post a Comment